There will be ZERO consumerism for me this holiday season and I couldn’t be more stoked. Ok, maybe I should be a little more honest, there’s only no consumerism because I’m finished shopping! I’ve always been an early shopper but I don’t think I’ve ever been completely done this early. I usually get the bulk of it done but then still browse all the sales and randomly shop for no reason all season long. I’m moving on though from waste (which that month was well…a bit of a waste…maybe I’ll post more on that later) and on to spending! I’ve been dreading spending, especially knowing it would fall the month of December. But now that its here, I’m a little excited. So I get to spend my money at 7 places for the next 30 days. I’m limiting this to my money. Where Zac chooses to spend his is his perogative (maybe that’s cheating but I’m good with it!) Here are my seven places:
1. Kroger – my grocery store of choice because they offer free childcare. I mean seriously, I don’t care how high they jack up the prices as long as they keep watching my kids. Its brilliant.
2. Trader Joe’s – because it wouldn’t be Christmas without peppermint Joe Joe’s and 3 buck chuck (I say this like TJ’s has been a long standing holiday tradition. Noone needs to know its our first christmas together.)
3. Amazon – I realize amazon is kinda cheating because they sell everything. Everything. However…there is no instant gratification here so I will at least have to wait…
4. Joannes – because its Christmas and I’m crafty. That’s all.
5. Chick-fil-a – I don’t want to worry the staff.
6. Burger King – I know…this seems really random. But its Bayje and I’s Friday night date night and the play area is contained well.
7. Woodlands Church – I realize I should have put this first since I’m suppose to give my firstfruits but I almost forgot it instead. And I’ve already explained my laziness in the past and so I’m keeping it number 7. I’m also going to take the liberty of including any other random givings I want to do in this category. And any shopping I do for the Touch A Life kids.
So I didn’t include a gas station because Zac always fills my gas tank up before every trip. He better no fail me. Seriously…its getting too cold to walk. And I’m concerned about not adding Dominoes because my kids like pizza night. But they’ll survive, unless Zac wants to fork out the money for that (I typically pay for all the food).
I can do this! And I’m excited because now we can focus more on advent and the real meaning of Christmas!!